Monday, October 11, 2010

Thomas Train Stage Cake - Anush's 3rd Birthday Cake



This cake was made for Anush's 3rd birthday party which is a Thomas and Friends Train Stage Cake. 

I first made two rounds cake. First round cake was a marble cake of chocolate and yellow cake mix and I added chopped dates to it, so that the kids would eat it without they knowing about the hidden dates.



The second round cake I made another marble cake of vanilla and yellow cake mix and I added Extra fancy fruit cake mix (tutti-fruity mix). After baking the second cake I cut that into half and assembled these 3 cakes into layers and formed this stage cake and decorated with Whipped Butter Cream Frosting. The green and blue (land and sky) effect was made with Color Mist - food color spray. I wrote "Happy Birthday Anush" and stuck mickey mouse faces for each kid with Candy Cake Decorations/Toppers. The yellow sides was made with Fondant icing. I bought the Thomas train set (bath toys) and set them as the cake topper.