Friday, December 09, 2011

Carrot, Orange and Radish Salad



Whenever I have no mood for cooking, I go for salad. It is always simple and filling. Most of the time, I prepare it in the morning and pack it for my lunch. Carrying 3-4 boxes to office is my style and one can find some fruits, snacks or this kind of salads for sure. I still remember one of my colleagues used to tease me for bringing these many boxes like a school kid!!!



I got to know this African salad recipe from one of the magazine. After that, I prepared many times and served them with pita breads. But till now, I haven't tasted them with orange blossom water. Try yourself with orange blossom water if you have it in your pantry and enjoy the salad.











Basic Information:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Idle Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2



Ingredients:




Carrot - 1 no, large

Radish - 10 nos,

Orange - 1 no, large

Coriander leaves - 1 tablespoons

Olive oil - 1 teaspoon

Lemon Juice - 1 teaspoon

Cinnamon powder - 1/2 teaspoon

Black pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon

Salt - to taste

Orange blossom water - 1 teaspoon

Pita wedges - 1 no, to serve







Method:



1) Slice carrot and radish to thin pieces. Peel orange and remove seeds from it.

2) Mix slices carrot, radish and oranges in large bowl.



3) Add olive oil and lemon juice.

4) Add cinnamon powder, black pepper powder and salt. Add orange blossom water, if you have.



5) Add coriander leaves and toss till all the ingredients combined well.









6) Serve immediately or cover and keep aside for 30 minutes.

7) After 30 minutes, serve with pita wedges.







Note:

1) Increase or decrease the seasoning according to your tastebuds.