Friday, July 23, 2010

Vazhaithandu thayir Pachadi/Banana Stump in Yoghurt Sauce

The Biggest Advantage of staying @ Chennai for me is i dont have to cook, either it is my Amma's place or my in-law's place. The Only difference is former place i get to eat what i want, whereas the later i got to eat whatever i get!!!! :)


Even before booking my tickets, my hubby called up my Appa Amma and gave some standby instructions!!! A Strict NO NO to Coconut, Sugar, Sweets and Oil!!!! No White Rice!!! And a Compulsory 1 hr walk daily!!!! Coz we met with a Endocrinologist and a Dietician a week before i left to Chennai. So far things are going good except for the 15 days @ my in-law's place, where it is a Strict NO NO to Diet!!! :).

This Banana Stump in Spicy Yoghurt Sauce/Vazhaithandu Thayir pachadi, amma makes me often, for the goodness of Fibre. I m not sure whether this helps you in weight loss or not, but i m damn sure of the taste!!! itz yummy!!!!

Ingredients
1 Medium-size Vazhaithandu/Banana Stump
1 Tomato, finely chopped
2 nos Green Chilli, Finel chopped (increase this if you want it to be more spicy)
2 tbsp freshly grated Coconut (i used only 1 tbsp, since i suddenly remembered my Dietician!!!!)
1 cup Low-fat yoghurt
Salt to taste

Method
Remove the outer layer of banana stump and Chop it finely. Grind it with rest of the ingredients to a fine paste with little water. Mix this beaten yoghurt.
Heat a tsp of oil, splutter mustard seeds, hing and add a tsp urad dal. Once the urad dal turns brown, pour this over the yoghurt sauce. Enjoy with your regular meal.