Monday, April 16, 2012

Waldorf Salad


Wow! what to tell about this salad...awesome! :) I came to know about this recipe from my neighbor/grandma/friend. When we were talking and I said I don't really eat fruits as whole, but would like to mix up with something or make recipes out of it and eat it that way. So she said about this recipe. First she thought it might sound weird to me, cos when she tried this for the first time, her family felt it was weird. But as soon as I heard about the ingredients, it really sounded interesting to me and a good way to include fruits. I tried two ways of making the salad, one was the exact ingredients she told me, next one I tried adding an extra ingredient to it, which was my own and that was awesome too. So here is the recipe and I hope u all will like it too! 

Ingredients:
------------
1 Green Apple chopped to small pieces (If you don't like the skin, you can peel it, but I kept the skin)
2 Bananas chopped
1/2 Black Raisins
1/4 -1/3 cup Mayonnaise
1 tbsp Sweet Pickle Relish (Optional)


Method:
---------
1. In a bowl add mayonnaise and sweet pickle relish, mix them well.


2. Wash the raisins, add the mayonnaise, apple and banana, gently mix all the ingredients well, make sure the banana is fresh and does not change color and make sure you don't over mix, as the banana would get mushy.


3. You can serve it cold or in room temperature. I like to keep it for few minutes and then serve it, as the fruits will absorb all the flavor of pickle relish and mayonnaise.
4. Enjoy this wonderful salad as a dessert or a light n sweet salad.


You Might Also Like:
Fall Green Salad
Barley Beet Summer Salad
Italian Blend Salad with Orange Strawberry Dressing and Toasted Almonds