Monday, July 18, 2011

Green Mango Mint Summer Drink - Aam Panna


I first had this drink in my neighbors house and really liked it and asked her the recipe. It's been such a long time that I have been thinking of making it. This time I got many mangoes just to try this recipe but added more exciting ingredients to her recipe, the way I like it. :-)
This drink keeps your body cool from the hot summer.

Ingredients:
--------------
2 big Raw Mangoes peeled and cubed, save the peel for garnish
10-12 fresh Mint Leaves
1 tbsp Black Salt
1/2 cup Sugar (adjust according to your taste)
1 pinch Saffron
Water as needed



Method:
------------


1. In a pressure cooker add the mangoes, saffron and enough water and pressure cook for two whistles.



2. Allow it to cool and then in a blender add the mint, black salt and sugar and blend it to a smooth paste.


3. I store this paste and add cold water and mix well just before serving.


4. I rimmed the glass with black salt and pour the drink and garnished with the mango peel. This drink is very refreshing and cools your body.