The Second Challenge for Eggless Baking Group is to Bake these Cute Looking Chocolate Cornets. First, i was a bit hesistant, Scared to try them out, reason being my Best Buddy Yeast, huhhh!!! Twice i was let down by this little monster, But when i saw other members of the group posting, i really wanted to try. This time, Voila!!!! yeast was so friendly, it listened to what i said!!! :)
After the First rise, when I saw the dough-test return positive (poke finger in the dough, if the gap closes pretty fast, then the dough needs some more time to rise) i was so happy, elated, Cloud 9!!! Enjoyed baking them and more than me my Kiddo enjoyed Gobbling them, had a tough time making him wait till i shoot some pictures.
Recipe Source : Divine Taste
Eggless Chocolate Custard
1 Cup Low-Fat Milk
6 tbsp of Cream (i used whipping Cream, 35% Fat content)
1/4 Cup Sugar
2 tbsp Corn Flour
2 tbsp CoCoa Powder
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
|Sorry for the Bad picture, will change it tomorrow|
- Mix Milk and Cream together. Take half of this mixture and add Corn flour, Sugar and Cocoa to it and Stir Well without any lumps
- Take the other half Milk-Cream Mixture to the stove, When it begins to boil, Simmer the flame and add Milk-Cream-cocoa mixture and Stir.
- Cook in a Simmer Flame, Stirring Often until the mixture turns Creamy and Thick.
- Take it off the flame, Let it come to room temperature, Pour in glass bowl, cover with a cling Flim and refregerate until use.
2 Thick Grocery Paper Bags
- Cut the Paper Bags into 6 Squares. Roll them into cones. Make 6 Cones.
- Wrap the Aluminium foil around the cones.
150gm of Wholemeal Bread flour
1 tsp Instant Yeast
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Luke Warm Water
1 tbsp Butter
1/2 tbsp Dry Milk Powder
2 tbsp Oil
1/4 cup Milk
To make Cornets
- Mix Sugar and Lukewarm water and stir well for the sugar dissolves. Add instant yeast to it, stir and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Take flour,salt, Milk powder in another bowl and stir with a ballon whisk for them to mix well.
- Mix together Oil and Milk. Add this mix to the Flour Mixture and knead. You will get a sticky dough.
- Add butter at this point and knead well for 4-5minutes to get a Soft dough, use dry flour while kneading.
- Place the dough in a well-oiled bowl and cover with a Cling-wrap and Let it rise in a warm place for an hour.
- After an hour, Poke a hole in the dough, if the hole closes pretty fast, then the dough needs some more time to rise. else Proceed to the next step.
- Take the dough on a floured surface, punch down to release the air. Knead and divide the dough into six equal portions.
- Make 6 equal-sized balls and Cover them again for the second rise for about 15-20 minutes.
- By this time, keep your Cones ready.
- After the second rise, Make Long ropes out of each ball, thin at the begginng and thicker as it proceeds.
- Roll the rope on to the cone and seal the edges by pinching.
- Place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and cover and let it rise for the third time for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the Oven to 200C.Glaze the top of Cornets with Milk-Oil mixture and Bake them for 15-17 minutes.
- Take if out of the oven, Let it cool on a wire-rack.Remove the Cornets from the cone-mould.
To fill The Cornet with Chocolate Custard.
Take the Custard in a Piping Bag and Pipe into Cornets and Enjoy.