Reva wanted to do a little sweet surprise for Kirthi's new born baby boy, like a welcoming party for the little baby. So I wanted link these two things into one, and decided to make a Mango Nut Halwa for her new born welcome virtual party.
1 can Sweetened Mango Pulp
1 tbsp Ghee (clarified butter)
1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
1/4 cup Cashew Nuts (chopped)
1/4 cup Blanched Almonds (chopped)
1/4 cup shelled Pistachios (I used lightly salted) (chopped)
1. In a heavy bottom pan, add the mango pulp and cook it for about 30 mins on medium flame until it thickens and changes into little bit darker in color and reduces to about 3/4 to 1/2 of the original quantity.
(NOTE: Make sure you keep stirring it occasionally, so that the bottom will not stick or burn to the pan).
2. Now add the ghee and the cardamom powder and keep stirring it frequently. So that it gets to the halwa consistency.
3. Now grease a plate with a little bit of the ghee and keep it aside.
4. Now to the halwa you can add all the chopped nuts. (You can also toast the nuts, cool them a bit and add it to the halwa and mix well, I actually forgot to toast them, so it's optional).
5. Now off the flame and spread the halwa on to the greased plate and spread it even and let it cool or come to a complete room temperature. It might take an hour or 2.
6. Then you can cut into desired shapes and I preferred to cut into this cute little heart shapes. Enjoy this awesome summer fruit halwa. I can say that this is one of my favorite now. :)
The other blogger friends who were are part of this virtual welcome party:
1.Priya Suresh: http://priyaeasyntastyrecipes.
2.Priya Sreeram: http://eq-myblog.blogspot.in/
7.Nupur Mehra: http://uk-rasoi.blogspot.co.