Thursday, July 19, 2012


Well life has been mad just lately and I've been loosing weight too. So the cakes etc have been put on hold, if they are there I can't resist! But I couldn't miss out on the inprov_challenge. Check it out at frugalanticsrecipes.com. July is corn and butter. ahh!. well I don't use corn much, but it includes other forms of corn too. I've used cornflour in my recipe, here it is;

Shortbread

4oz cornflour
4oz icing sugar
8oz plain flour
4oz butter
1/2tsp vanilla bean paste

Put the cornflour, icing sugar and flour in a food processor and blitz to combine. 
Add the butter and vanilla and mix until clumping together.
Put into a swiss roll tin and press in.
Be patient here it will take a bit of time, using the back of a spoon helps.
Bake in the oven at 150C for 20-25 minutes.
It needs to be still pale but firm and just starting to brown.
Cut into fingers and sprinkle with caster sugar (if desired)