The first dough I baked was not covered with a lid as I purposely want to shape it like homemade country bread. Therefore, I egg-washed the dough and sprinkled it with lots of sesame seeds.
Then, I decided to make a second sesame loaf as my other half is crazy about it. I baked it with a Pullman tin with lid and added lots of sesame as well.
30g whole wheat flour
240g low fat milk
2nd recipe with 33% wholemeal (much healthier version)
¾ teaspoon salt
30g white sesame (toasted)
50g black sesame (toased)
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Gradually add in all the wet ingredients and mix it by a flat beater at low speed until everything has just combined.
- Add butter continue to mix for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Change to a dough hook continues kneading for about 20 minutes at medium speed.
- Off the machine and clear the sticky dough at side of the bowl. Continue kneading for few seconds.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured work surface until the dough smooth but not sticky.
- Mix sesame into the dough.
- Shape it into smooth round dough, cover with cling film and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Knead the dough and punch out the gas. Divide the dough into three equal pieces and roll to form three even 'ball' shapes.
- Flatten dough and roll out into a longish shape. Roll up the dough like a Swiss-roll.
- Flatten the rolled-up dough and roll out again into a long rectangular shape. Add in some dried fruits on top then roll up the dough tightly.
- Do the same for the other two remaining dough. Place the rolled dough in greased bread tin. Spray with some water around the tin. Place it in the oven with door close, proof for 60 minutes without lid on.
- Put the lid on when the dough rise near to the top. Take out the tin from the oven and preheat the oven at 190'C.
- Bake approximately 40 minutes or until golden brown. (I increased the temperature to 210'C for extra 10 minutes until the bread had a golden brown color).
- Take out the bread to cool down before slicing into pieces. Store leftover bread in airtight container without slicing it for keeping it fresh for the next serving.