HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012
This is another recipe for my december month Event - Cardamom. I never tried a bread recipe with cardamom, but the bread turned out so good and really good and loved the mild sweetness with the rich cardamom flavor. I didn't think of any recipe to combine with this bread for our dinner, but when the bread was baking, just the idea of tomato soup clicked my mind. At first I was not sure how the combo would work, but believe me or not it worked wonders. All three of us liked it so much and we could not stop eating.
I tried making the shape of a cardamom shaped bread which can be pull apart easily, it was looking nice before baking....but once I baked it and saw the shape it looked more like a pumpkin pull apart bread. He he he heeeeee....... Anyways I was happy that I could at least achieve good in trying the pull apart part of the bread. :)
4 cups All Purpose Flour
1 Heaping tsp Cardamom (Ground/Powder)
1 stick or 1/2 cup - 1 tbsp or 7 tbsp Unsalted Butter
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tbsp Vanilla essence/extract
1/2 tsp Salt
1. In a large bowl sift the flour, salt, cardamom powder.
2. In a sauce pan add milk and warm it a bit.
3. In a small bowl add yeast, little sugar and some warmed milk, stir it and leave it for about 5 mins.
4. In the meantime add butter in the warm milk and let it melt.
5. In another mixing bowl add eggs and sugar and beat it well with a hand mixer or whisk in medium speed until fluffy.
6. Now add the yeast mixture and milk with butter into the eggs and mix again, now add the flour and knead it, the dough will be sticky, so dust a surface with little bit of flour and transfer the dough onto the flour surface and knead to form a dough for about 6 mins and until the dough does not stick to your hand. Make sure that you do not add more flour for kneading, add only about 2 tbsp or less if you don't that much.
7. Now in a bowl place the dough and cover with a damp kitchen towel and let it rise for about 1 hr in a warm place.
8. Now punch down the air from the dough and again knead it for a min.
9. Preheat oven to 350F.
10. Make the desired shape and place it on a lined baking sheet or loaf pan and baked it for about 30 to 40 mins or until the top of the bread is turned slight/golden brown. I baked it like golden brown, so that it would taste better with soup.
I brushed the top of the crust with butter and served with Tomato Soup (Click the Link for the Recipe)
You Might Also Like:
|Apple Cranberry Whole Wheat Bread|
|Healthy 10 Minute Banana Bread|