Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Cardamom Honey Grilled Chicken Skewers


I wanted to post few recipes to my own event on Spices in which I chose Cardamom as this months spice. I lov the cardamom flavor, but as it's my own event, I wanted to make something different and special, which is easy to make. Whenever we think of cardamom, it's always some sweet recipe that comes to our mind. But I wanted to think out of the box and make this recipe a unique one with not much complication. :)

Ingredients:
------------
6 Chicken Strips
1 tsp Cardamom powder
2 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp Pepper powder
1 tsp Lemon juice
Salt as needed
1/2 tsp Olive Oil for brushing

Method:
----------
1. In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients except oil along with the chicken, marinate it for about 30 mins.
2. Now in a grill pan, when it's hot, brush with oil.


3. Place the chicken strips into skewers and arrange it over the grill.
4. Make sure that you don't over crowd the grill pan and leave 1inch gap between.
5. Cook each skewer for about 3-4 mins on each side and flip to the other side and cook again for the same amount of time.


6. Meanwhile in a pan add the remaining marinade and heat it for one boil and reduce it to simmer for about 5 mins.


7. Once the chicken is done. Transfer it to a serving platter and pour the warm marinade sauce and serve it hot. You can garnish with little bit of lemon and parsley/cilantro.



Sending this to my Series Event SPICES - "CARDAMOM" - Dec 5th to Jan 5th.


You Might Also Like:
Chicken Kabab
Oven Fried Chicken
Veg (Potato) & Non-Veg (Chicken) Samosa