Friday, October 12, 2007

Need Drawers?

I had the pleasure of replacing the drawers in our platform bed last year.
Well, the pleasure wasn't in the work of replacing the drawers; but instead in dealing with a Bay Area company called Western Dovetail.

As a former kitchen dealer I know that most companies that sell parts like drawers and doors don't want to deal with the public.
They prefer to deal only with cabinetmakers or dealers who will open accounts and order sizable amounts of product on a regular basis.

I lost all that when I closed my store.

So, when the drawers in our bed started to fail, I figured I was up a creek...

Still, I dutifully jumped on line to seek out a supplier when husband George sounded the alarm.

Much to my surprise I located Western Dovetail right here in Vallejo, in our own back yard! And I didn't even have to fib or open an account!
















































Even better, the drawers they made were absolutely superb! Beautiful solid cedar dovetailed boxes perfect for clothing and linen storage. And they were quite reasonable too!

Complete machining is available for Blum Tandem and other Under-Mount Hardware. We can also supply drawer slides with your drawers for your convenience.

Drawers can be ordered completely assembled or RTA (ready to assemble), with or without finish. These drawers are suitable for the finest kitchen cabinets, bathrooms, closets, entertainment centers, dressers, desks, home offices or any other furniture or woodworking projects that require drawers.


They have a wonderful online catalog that shows their full line of offerings.

They are even making BAMBOO drawer boxes for you greenies out there! Not to mention all the usual woods.

So, if you readers need to replace a drawer, or add rollout shelves to a pantry or base cabinet; give Max an email (max[AT]drawer.com) and tell him Peggy sent you.

Peggy