Thursday, July 23, 2009

Baked Pasta

I would normally keep a big jar of homemade pizza sauce or you call it pasta sauce in the freezer because it's just so convenient using it for a meal, either to make lasagna, pizza or pasta. After those tired home trip, I was quite lazy to cook, luckily I found a jar of the pizza sauce from the freezer that I made it few weeks ago. I simply pan fry some carrot and mushroom with the pizza sauce then season with a tablespoon of soy sauce, some black pepper and salt. Also didn't forget the creamy texture, I added some cream and milk to thicken it then pour it into two serving plates. Other than topped it with some cheese (I don't have enough cheese on hand, too bad!), I like to give it an extra flavour and moisture texture. I mix an egg, some cream, anchovy puree and parmesan cheese then pour on top of the cheese. Bake at 180C until the cheese melted and the white sauce is bubbling. Simply the best!