Saturday, January 14, 2012

Tomato Soup - 4 Ingredient fix


 Tomato soup is the only soup that I knew when I was young. This recipe is dedicated to my mom, as it's her recipe and didn't make any changes. :)
My mom was a working working women, and did all the things to make us eat healthy food. Thought I and my brother were not so good in eating, she used to try simple yet very delicious food for us. This soup is one of them, and I used to love it a lot and actually was not aware of any other soup until I grew up.
From the time I started blogging I tried to make this recipe so many times and could not, basically the reason being that Anush never liked to eat/drink soup at all. So I also didn't have much interest after that. This time when I tried, he really loved it as much as we did. I think after all it's the matter of age, kids learn and get used to new flavors and choices as they grow and it also depends on each kid.

Ingredients:
------------
6 Tomatoes (ripe and red) chopped
1 small Onion chopped
2-3 Garlic cloves chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 tbsp Butter
1/4 tsp Chili powder (optional)

Method:
---------
1. In a heavy bottom sauce pan add butter, chopped garlic and onions and saute until onion is translucent.
2. Add the tomatoes, salt, cover and cook until the tomatoes are cooked well and soft.


3. Off the flame and let it come to room temperature or then puree it in a blender.
(Note: If your blender accepts hot ingredients, then you need not wait until it comes to room temperature)
4. Now in the same sauce pan pour the puree/soup and check on the salt, add if needed, add pepper powder and chili powder and stir well on a medium flame until it comes to a boil.


5. Garnish with fresh herbs like cilantro or parsley, or cream or croutons etc., according to your taste.


6. I garnish with cilantro and home made freshly baked "Cardamom Pull Apart Bread" (click on the link to view the recipe)

You Might Also Like:
Sage Rasam/Soup with Freshly Ground Pepper and Cumin
Barley Mint Stoup
Italian Lentil Soup with Zucchini Chips