Sunday, June 10, 2012

Baadaami Chutney - Almond Dip


 BAADAAMI CHUTNEY 

I hurried back from a late morning walk to prepare breakfast for my family. But to my great astonishment my son and daughter - in - law had already taken over the kitchen without any signs of jet lag ! I loved my daughter - in - law's exotic chutney for its novel nutty flavour and here is how she prepared it. 


INGREDIENTS 


Baadaami / Almonds - 1/2 cup 
Green chilly - 1 small 
Fresh ginger - one inch piece 
Salt - 1/4 tsp 
Ghee - 1/2 tsp 
Mustard seeds - 1 pinch 
Curry leaves - a few 

METHOD 

1. Dry roast the baadaami / almonds till it emanates a pleasant aroma. 
2. Grind the roasted nuts very coarsely with green chilly, ginger and salt. 
3. Add water little by little to get a desired consistency and run the mixer for only a few more seconds so that the chutney remains coarse. 
4. Heat ghee and splutter the mustard seeds. 


5. Add curry leaves and pour the seasoning over the Baadaami / Almond Chutney. 


Enjoy the flavoursome Baadaami Chutney with Idlies, Dosas or any other tiffin