Thursday, August 02, 2012
Welcoming a New Member into our Family - My 200th post - Also a lovely gesture by dear blogger friends!!!
I am happy to share that we are blessed with a baby boy. We welcomed our Little Prince on June 28th and he has changed our lives (days and nights) totally since then. We have named him "Kavin" - meaning "Handsome". I couldn't believe how I got adopted to waking up at a slightest whistle from him and go to deep sleep the moment I hit the pillow after tending to his needs. The break of the dawn
MBS & Co.'s Top 5 Selling Energy Star Products for 2012
When homeowners or business owners contact us to help them lower their utility cost and improve sustainability, they have usually done research on a few of our products. Most clients know that Energy Star building products really help reduce energy cost, especially in the hotter climates found in South Carolina, yet many still have questions on what is best for their project. Generally speaking, most clients are in need of a service already because of an existing failing product, or they are building new and looking to get a better return on investment, then what traditional building products can offer.
With that in mind, our list is going to look a lot different then what you see government and other "green" energy website lists look like. The major reason for this, is that we have specific information, specific needs, and specific goals from our customers, allowing us to accurately and functionally develop a energy efficiency plan specific to that individual customers need. Another reason why our list may look different from others, is that many customers budgets simply do not have the capital to afford items like solar panels and wind turbines that you see in the news and other "green" energy websites.
The good news about our list, is that our list includes affordable Energy Star building products, that most homeowners and small businesses building budgets can accomadate. Not only are the products on our list more affordable for customers, they also have a faster payback rate on investment. Also be sure to note, that this list is just from our company's sales and customer feedback information, however our products really do seem to be a more sustainable way for homeowners and businesses to go "green", save utility cost, and improve energy efficiency.
So without further a do, here is MBS & Co.'s top five Energy Star rated building products in 2012 for the South Carolina area:
- Gaco Western S-2000 Silicone Roof Coatings - This is a shocker to us as well, but with the combination of a weak economy and aging building structures, we have done more roof coating projects this year then we have insulation products. Insulation can often be overlooked by many homeowners and building owners, but when the roof leaks, they have to get it fixed. The great thing about Gaco Western roof coatings is that they not only minimize replacement cost, they also improve energy efficiency
- Spray Foam Insulation - Usually our number one seller, spray foam insulation can reduce utility cost for customers by up to 40% or more in some cases. A poorly insulated home or building can really run up cost in the dog days of summer when temperatures are in triple digits, and all that cool air the A/C produces goes right out the building if its not probably insulated.
- Energy Star Rated Metal Roofing - Always a top seller, metal roofing is one of the oldest ways homeowners and building owners have been able to reduce energy consumption. Even before energy efficiency became an issue, metal roofing was used to help keep homes cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
- Rock Wool Insulation - Rock wool insulation has been around a long time, however it has been making a big comeback since more consumers are concerned about their carbon footprint on the enviroment. Although not as good of an R-value as spray foam, rock wool insulation still outperforms fiberglass, giving customers big energy savings.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation - Encapsulating a crawl space can give homeowners and business owners big energy savings. Not only does this service save energy, its also the best way to eliminate moisture and prevent mold from growing in crawl space areas.
As u can see from our list, roofing and insulation play a vital role in improving the energy efficiency of a building structure, and MBS & Co. is proud to be a contractor that can offer these energy saving solutions to South Carolina residents. Though not a comprehensive list of all the services we provide, we hope this list will give homeowners and business owners some ideas on how to improve energy efficiency, when taking on a new building project or remodelling project in the South Carolina area. MBS & Co. also sells and installs solar panels and other high end renewable energy products, however we often find customers prefer the more affordable Energy Star options listed above.
If your interested in taking your home or business "green" and improving overall energy efficiency of your building structure in North Carolina or South Carolina, please feel free to contact us through any of the ways listed below. Thanks for reading our blog, and stay tuned for more useful information and reviews on Energy Star rated building products.
MBS & Company
530 Piedmont Drive
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Energy Efficient Roofing Systems | Spray Foam Insulation | Wall Foam Insulation | Crawl Space Encapsulations | Solar Energy Powered Hot Water Heaters | Solar Energy | Energy Monitoring | Standing Seam Metal Roofs | Tile Roofs | Slate Roofs | Historic Home Retrofits | Energy Efficient Roof Coatings | Gaco Western S-2000 Silicone Roof Systems | Mold Guard | Air Barriers | Commercial Roof Coatings | Roof Coatings | Silicone Roofs | Energy Star Building Products |
Wednesday, August 01, 2012
Finally I did it. As promised, Navara Fish Curry to your feast now. Hope you all adjust with the pictures with poor lighting.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Navara meen - 500 grams, cleaned
Shallots / Small onions / Sambar onions - 10 nos
Garlic - 10 nos, crushed
Curry leaves - 2 strings
Oil - 4 teaspoons
Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Tomato - 1 nos, medium, finely chopped
Tamarind - 1 small lemon size, soak in 1/2 cup of warm water.
Red chilli powder - 2 teaspoons or as per taste
Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Salt - to taste
To Roast and Grind:
Coriander seeds - 1 tablespoon
Poppy seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Fenugreek - 2-3 nos
Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Black pepper - 2-3 nos
Asafoetida - a pinch
1) Dry roast the Ingredients given for roasting and grinding. Cool for sometime and make a powder of it.
2) Put the shallots in food processor for half a second and keep aside. Make sure the shallots are not becoming paste. It should be roughly ground.
3) Take a Kadai/Pan and heat oil in it.
4) Add mustard seeds. When the crackle sound of mustard seeds reduces, add the curry leaves and roughly ground onion. Saute for few minutes until the raw smell of onion goes off.
5) Add crushed garlic and fry for a minute.
6) Add tomato and fry till it completely mashes.
7) Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Give a quick stir for 2-3 minutes. Make sure you are not burning the masalas.
8) Squeeze and extract the tamarind juice from the water. Add this tamarind juice to the pan. Let it boil until it slightly thickens. Add the roasted masala powder as said in step 1. Taste and adjust the salt or spice.
9) When the gravy is almost done, add the cleaned navara fish to the gravy one by one. Dont' mix the gravy after that.
10) Wait for 3 minutes and turn off the flame.
11) Cover and keep aside for 2 minutes.
12) Serve hot with steamed rice.
1) Instead of red chilli powder you can also use sambar masala for this curry.
2) It is enough to cook the fish only for 2 minutes and make sure to keep covering the curry for 2 minutes.
3) This curry will give very very slight sour taste as we are adding masala. If you need taste like our usual fish we make at home, use extra tamarind.