Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Too ill to Home Improve too sick to blog

I have just recovered from a heavy early summer flu and I hope that's it for this year and thank goodness I wasn't right in the middle of a big home improvement project at the time... - it reminded me of another time when I wasn't so lucky and I can tell you that...

  • it felt a relief to have a "Home Equity Line of Credit" as my home improvement financing. Like now, there was very little fluctuation on the rates side of things and while I was ill I wasn't paying for funds that I had organised but not yet used. You can read more here about The Advantages of a Home Equity Line of Credit
  • and the other important factor was of course having a good home improvement cover in the form of insurance cover for me. for my project, including materials and cover for the loan I had taken out for the home improvement project. If you are having work done on your home you may need to boost your Homeowner Insurance Cover to make sure you are totally covered for liability.
  • what this all meant was that I could relax and very nearly enjoy my cold until it's painful end without undue anxiety or worry.

It's great to start a new project with energy and enthusiasm but the truth is we never know when something unfortunate might happen, be it an onsite injury or an everyday flu bug like mine. We need to take the time to recover and regain our strength before we lift up the hammer and nails again.

Contingency plans are important for all home improvement projects - big and small - If you are doing a project by yourself - please remember that your health and safety should always come first. If you have employed a contractor it's important to make sure that anyone working at your home has the proper license and health and safety certificates. You can get more information here on Home Improvement Contractors


Until next time - keep taking the vitamins and...

Wishing you all great home improvement success

"Invest in your Nest in 2005"
Arpad
Home Improvement and Financing.com