This is a simple peach chiffon for my god brother's birthday. The cake is very soft and spongy with the strong peach flavor. I infused some dried apricot with brandy a week before making this cake. So the flavor of brandy was quite strong as well. Of course, children might not like the brandy so better don't add in any liquor for this cake if serving children.
Another thing is I should have more practice as my skill for cake decoration still very lousy. Look at the cake I've brushed with fresh cream, it is quite messy. I really need to improve.
However, we had a good time having this peach chiffon cake during the birthday dinner. The dried apricot inside the cake is just so match with the peach sponge. I added some peach puree into the fresh cream to make this cake much peachy.
Recipe for 24cm chiffon cake tin:
Egg whites 235g
Caster sugar 118g
Corn flour 13g
Egg yolks 90g
Vegetable oil 78g
Peach puree 118g
Caster sugar 25g
Dried apricot 118g (infused with brandy **optional)
Fresh whipping cream 250g
Sugar powder 20g
Peach puree 50g
10 slices can peaches
10 Chinese parsley leafs
1. Whip the egg whites until peak form then slowly add in caster sugar continue whipping until a shiny and smooth consistency. Add in the cornflour and whip until just combine.
2. Mix egg yolks, oil, water, peach puree, flour and caster sugar until everything combine. Then mix in chopped dried apricot.
3. Add in 1/3 of the egg white mixture to (2) until combine. Then add half of the left over egg whites mixture. Then continue adding the remaining egg whites mixture. Slowly and gently combine everything.
4. Pour into the baking tin and bake 60minutes at 160'C.
5. Let the baked cake turn upside down for cooling before unmold it.
6. Whip the fresh cream with sugar powder then slowly mix in peach with spatula. Decorate it with your creativity.
8. Keep the cake in the fridge it could last for 4 - 5 days. Best serve in 3 days.