Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Durian Butter Cake

I seldom bake recently, life without baking is just so boring and dull. I found an excuse to bake a butter cake last week that had shared with my cousin and family. Although it's just a simple cake, it makes me feel better touching the kitchen stuffs.
After the first attempt on berries butter cake, I would like to give it another try on durian flavour, and also took this opportunity to use a new cake mould. I'm not sure it's called bundt mould or something else, correct me if I'm wrong. Beside berries, durian is also one of my favorite fruit. So, I came out with this durian butter cake. The taste is very flavourful indeed with the slightly moist and rich texture. I feel the bundt cake mould make it looks prettier rather than just baking in a flat baking tray. Hope you will like this recipe of Kevin Chai. His recipes is quite simple and nice. Don't forget to use the sweet and flavourful durian and you will get the result.

Recipe:
250g butter
170g caster sugar
4 eggs
250g durian flesh
230g self raising flour
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
  1. Grease a baking mould. Preheat oven to 170C.
  2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
  3. Stir in durian flesh. Fold in sifted flour, baking powder and soda. Mix until well blended.
  4. Spoon batter into prepared mould. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until cooked.