Wednesday, November 07, 2012

GO NUTS!! - Baked Spicy Masala Nuts


Fall season has started and it's getting very cold each day, when you are at home or at office, you start to crave for hot, spicy and tangy things to munch on or during your T time. This is making me eat more too, so I wanted something both at home and at office that would help my cravings in a healthier way, instead of junking on chips and other stuff.

So I decided keep a small box of mixed nuts, but my problem is that I can eat almonds, cashews and peanuts plain, but not walnust or pistachios or macademia nut or any other nuts. So I came up with this idea to make my own spicy masala to it, so that I can snack on but keep it spicy. I should say at times, it keeps me awake during the afternoon hours at office.


I should definitely say this keeps me absolutely out of eating junk/fatty foods, fills up my tummy so fast and keeps me awake and healthy. :)



Method:
---------
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add nuts and oil and mix well.
3. In another bowl add all the spice powders and salt and mix well.


4. Add the spice powders to the mixed nuts and mix once well.
5. Now sprinkle water little at once and keep mixing with a wooden spoon until all the spices coat the nuts well.
6. Take a Baking sheet and spray with little oil and arrange these nuts evenly and bake it around 20 - 25 mins or until the nuts turn slightly golden.


(Keep in mind that you need to turn the nuts once in a while gently, else all the masala with be seperated from the nuts)
7. After they are baked off the oven and allow it to cool and serve it warm or store it in a air tight container and enjoy them anytime guilt free.


You Might Also Like:
Brown Rice Kudumulu Mango Nut Halwa Date and Nut Rounds