Monday, December 17, 2012

Eggless No Bake Biscuit Brownies




I am not the person who is fond of biscuits. I eat them only when nothing is available. But after tasting this chocolate pinwheels, I started buying biscuits to prepare recipes using them.



One fine day, when I was randomly browsing through various food blogs, I came to know about this biscuit brownies from DV's site and after some time, it was posted in Nags place too. After seeing the same dish twice, it increased my chocolate craving and forced me to buy Marie biscuits again. Can you believe that the entire brownies were finished just by me? These are truly addictive!



Basic Information:

Preparation Time: 20 minutes

Idle Time: 4 hours

Makes: ~ 10 brownies



Ingredients:



Marie Biscuits - 20-25 nos

Unsweetened cocoa powder - 2 tablespoons

Sweetened condensed milk - 1/2 tin (200gm)

Unsalted butter - 1 tablespoon

Cashew nuts - 15 nos / 1/4 cup, roughly chopped

Sugar - 3 teaspoons (I used brown Sugar)



Method:

1) Take a pan and melt the butter. Roast the nuts till it turns golden brown. Keep them aside.

2) Crush the biscuits and make a smooth powder using mixer/ food processor

3) Transfer the powdered biscuits to a mixing bowl.



4) Add the cocoa powder to it. Use more cocoa powder if you want. Mix well.

5) Add sugar now. Mix again.

6) Add the roasted nuts along with butter to the powdered biscuits. Slightly mix again.

7) Add the condensed milk now and mix till you get a moist mixture. I got a help from my husband to do this as I found it difficult to mix it. It really requires some extra effort. So don't hesitate to take help from others.



8) Grease any flat tray with butter or cover it with aluminum foil or butter paper. I used my round baking tray for this. Transfer the mixture to it. spread it evenly and make smooth surface.

9) Keep the tray inside the refrigerator for minimum 4 hours.

10) After 4 hours, cut them into squares and enjoy.



Notes:

1) Add more condensed milk, if you don't get moist mixture.