You Might Also Like:
A special day should always be greeting with a sweet dish.....does everyone agree about this....am sure everyone does!! :)
Well, I was really running out of time today, so didn't think much on what to make because, as soon as I gave this thought of making something sweet, this recipe was the one that came to my mind, which can be made very easily and fast. But as always will never miss to consider it to be healthy enough. So I choose cornmeal instead of the regular semolina/rava and added brown sugar to give it a little brown color. Since brown sugar has molasses in it, I consider it is much better and tastier than the regular sugar.
3 cups Yellow Cornmeal
1 - 1 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
5 cups Water
1 tsp Cardamom powder
3 tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
1/4 cup Cashews
1/4 cup Multi Color Raisins (you can use any nuts or dry fruits that you like)
1. In a heavy bottom pan preferably a non-stick, add one tbsp ghee and when it's hot enough add all the cornmeal and keep stirring it for about 5-7 mins until add the ghee is well blended and the cornmeal is little bit roasted.
2. Remove this cornmeal to a plate.
3. In the meantime in the same pan, add 2 tbsp ghee and when it's hot again add the cashews and stir is continuously until it turn to slight golden brown, now add the raisins and off the flame. remove this nuts and raisins to another plate.
4. Again in the same pan, add water and brown sugar, bring it to a boil, now lower the flame completely and add the cornmeal little by little and at the same time you need to stir in so that the cornmeal does not form into lumps.
5. Now cover and cook it for about 5 mins in low flame, make sure you stir in between.
6. Now off the flame and mix in the cashews and raisins.
7. In a baking dish, brush with little ghee and transfer the cormeal kesari, spread it evenly and cover the top with a plastic wrap, so that it does not dry the top layer and allow it to cook a bit.
8. Now decorate it with more nuts and cashews as you wish and cut into cubes and serve warm or hot.
|Cornmeal Rava Dosa||Broccoli Carrot Cornmeal Idli||Cornmeal Upma|