Sunday, January 27, 2008
Simple Vegetable pulav
1. Heat oil -3 to 4 tblsp (more the better :)).
2. Fry cloves(4-5), cinnamon(2 sticks), bay leaf, star anisee(1-2), elaichi (2).
3. Add chopped onions and green chillies. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add chopped carrots, potatoes, capsicum, peas, salt and fry for 5 minutes.
5. It should not be fully cooked.
6. Soak a cup of basmathi rice for 15 minutes. Rinse, then add these fried veges to the rice and cook it in the rice cooker.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves. Adding fried bread pieces is optional.