Thursday, August 21, 2008

Water Treatment

AB&R Plumbing now offers water treatment to all our Orange County customers!



I won't even ask if you are spending too much on bottled water. If you are buying bottled water, you are spending too much. Can you believe more than $1.50 for 12 ounces of water!? And you don't even know if the water is any good or not!



When you are talking about drinking water, you usually measure what is called Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) in Parts Per Million (PPM). TDS is basically a measurement of everything dissolved in your water, that is not water. It can't tell you how much of it is lead or sodium or phosphorus or iron, it just tells you the total. An easy way to think of PPM is, if you had 1 million ounces of water, at 500 PPM, 500 ounces of that water would not be water. Typical Southern California tap water is between 350 and 500 PPM.

So, what do you do? You can buy bottled water! That's expensive, you have to lug the bottles home from the store, you end up throwing away 9or hopefully recycling) a lot of plastic. You can't even be sure if you are getting good quality water! One of the major brands of water sold in stores today (it was VERY trendy a few years back and it's one of the more expensive brands) tells you right on the label that they have 309 parts per million of dissolved solids in their water!

This stuff is almost the same as your tap water, and they want you to pay more than $2.00 a liter for it!!!!!

Talk to your friends who have them and you will find that a home reverse osmosis system, installed under your kitchen sink, gives you bottled-quality-or-better water for only pennies a gallon.

Many of the major water bottlers use reverse osmosis to purify their water and then they sell that water to you. You can cut out the middle man, spend a lot less than $6.00 a gallon, and get clean, fresh, purified water right at your kitchen sink.

Contact us today for more information about a home reverse osmosis drinking water system or whole house water softener today

We are going to be increasing our content on our website to include more information about reverse osmosis and water softeners. Keep an eye out for that info and, in the meantime, if you have any questions, just contact us.



Now a little bit about your author (that's me!)

I have been in the water treatment field for more than 20 years. I started out in Boston with a company that is now (I believe) the largest privately held home & office water treatment company on the east coast. (My brother owns it, so I'm kind of proud!)

After Boston, I moved to a more central part of the state and started my own home & office water treatment company. After 3 years, I sold that company (to my brother) and moved to California.

In California, I helped a friend start a third water treatment company in Santa Ana. I left after about 5 years.

I am now working for AB&R Plumbing. We are using their expertise in plumbing, combined with my expertise in water treatment, to bring the best of both worlds to you.

So, since I lived in the Boston area for all those years, can you guess what my favorite baseball team is? That's right! The Pittsburgh Pirates! (Just kidding, it's the Red Sox!) Any other baseball fans out there? Keep it clean, especially you Yankee fans!