Monday, November 03, 2008

ceiling fan... in the living area?

Do you all have thoughts on this?  I understand the utility.  Completely.  Although, Craig and I differ in opinion and I figured a pulse of the web might help.  Firstly, Craig gets pretty hot... literally (let alone, metaphorically - heyyy); secondly, a fan can move lethal dog-fart quickly out of the room; and lastly, I have a deep hatred for fans that are loud enough to warrant a volume increase to the current entertainment device (i.e. every fan not attached to the ceiling).  I need some affirmation that it's not a terrible idea.  The 'future' living room is the middle of the three rooms on the first floor (rowhouses are not only a row of houses side-by-side; typically the interior rooms are also row-like).  A fan will most certainly be a fantastic way to keep air moving in the window'less middle, but I wonder what interior design-lovin', like-minded folks might think?

Does a ceiling fan really kill a room?

Is placing a ceiling fan anywhere other than the porch of a Georgian plantation sinful?  

I feel like the first thing "designers" do upon a home makeover of extreme proportion is rip out the ceiling fans.  Our plans are not really contingent upon the opinion of [insert ear plugs now] Ty Pennington, but I do wonder what your thoughts might be?