Saturday, November 01, 2008

Potato Fry


I have ample time on hand. We recently moved to LA and I am not enjoying this place very much. No friends, nowhere to go, nothing interesting to do. Life without family and friends can be depressing. Blogging keeps me somewhat occupied. I go to bookstore once a week. Otherwise I am hooked to my computer. I came across this recipe in Vaishali's blog. It is not the usual potato curry recipe. It's different. As you can see in the picture, the potatoes turned out very crispy. I have always loved potatoes. Now I love them even more! Check out Vaishali's recipe here.

I would like to note down her recipe here.

Ingredients:
Potatoes-5
Oil-2 tbsp
Salt
Jeera-1 tsp

Mix together:
Rice flour-1tbsp
Sambar powder-1 tsp
Chilli powder-1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp

Method:
Pressure cook the potatoes for 3-4 whistles or until they are cooked. Cool, peel the skin and cut into small or big pieces.
Heat oil in a pan. Tamper with jeera.
Coat the potatoes with rice flour mixture and fry in oil. Add salt and toss them until potaotes turn golden brown.
Yummy crispy potatoes are ready to go with small onion sambar and rice!I always make this combo...they are an inseparable pair. Do you guys agree?