Tomato thokku is a very common gravy made out of Tomatoes and Onion.It is a delicious side dish.When tomatoes are abundant and cheap in the market,this is the First thing that comes into mind.It is an all purpose curry.It goes well with Roti,Idly,Dosa, Rice and Bread.Tangy,spicy tomato thokku is something that I love,after marriage i found that its my Husband's favorite too.. so Every week i prepare this one.
Chilli powder-1 tsp
Turmeric Powder-1/4 tsp
Curry leaves-1 arc
1. Heat the pan with 1/2 cup of oil.
2. Add Mustard & curry leaves,once it pop up add chopped onions.
3. Saute well,once it will become golden brown add turmeric,chilli powder and salt.
4. Saute well till the raw smell goes.
5. Now add chopped tomatoes,fry well until it will become soft.
6. Cover with lid cook till oil comes from curry.
7. Serve hot with Idly,Dosa,Rice or Roti.
You can store this for a week in Refrigerator.
Babli & Raje have Showered me With this Awards.I have to thank them for their encouragement by passing these Awards.Thanks for Thinking about me & Sharing the beautiful Awards with me.I am so Happy to Receive this award from you.
I am Happy to receive Giant bear hug from Babli.
Raje sent this Beautiful Presentation Award.Thank you Raje