Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Crepe Rolls





I've been quite slow in updating my blog recently. I wonder where is my baking and blogging spirit has gone. I wish I got back my passion after the gathering with my buddy but somehow I fine myself still like floating somewhere else. This fruit crepe was made last week and till now I've nothing to post up here. Well, at least I've got few of this pictures taken so to make you remember me :) 




I normally have crepes spread with my homemade peanut butter for breakfast rather than serve as dessert. I know it suppose to be dessert not breakfast. So this time, I try to make it as a fruit dessert since I've got some banana and strawberries. I've seen many food bloggers and recipe books showing how to make this crepe rolls till now only I got a little mood to do it. It's not perfectly roll up but I find this crepe recipe I've been using for many years really a good one and simple to make.


Roll in the lemony cream cheese cream with the strawberries and banana is quite a refreshing dessert. I very much like the light texture of cream which contains little cream cheese with little sugar. Melt some dark chocolate that given by my buddy that make extra flavor to it. I think I must not only make this fruit crepes for my breakfast next time. It taste very yummy indeed but just need more practice to roll it up nicer. 


For the crepes 西点学习大百科 - 法式可丽饼:


In a mixing bowl, beat two eggs with one tablespoon of caster sugar and pinch of salt until the sugar dissolve and combine. Add in 80 gram shifted flour until a thick batter. Mix in 50ml cream and 200ml fresh milk then add one teaspoon vanilla extract until everything combine and become a smooth batter. Cook a scoop of batter in a non stick pan. When the crepe edges browning and lift up, flip another side to cook. Makes about 15 pieces approximately 18cm)


For the cream cheese cream 西点学习大百科 -  


Beat 100g cream cheese and 40 gram caster sugar until smooth batter then add in four tablespoon of lemon juice. Keep in the fridge while you whisk the whipping cream. In another bowl, whisk 400ml whipping cream until thicken. Add in the cream cheese batter continue to beat until well combine and the cream become harden. Transfer to a piping bag and keep in the fridge until ready to use.


To make the crepe rolls, place a piece of crepe on a plate. Squeeze some cream cheese cream at the center then place a piece of strawberry or banana on the cream. Squeeze some more cream cheese cream until it cover the fruits. Fold up from the bottom and the side then roll up the entire crepe. Keep in the fridge for 2 hours before serving. I'm not sure this is the best roll up method. Please feel free to give your opinion and ideas. Thanks!