Monday, November 08, 2010

Carrot Masala Roti/Poori

I hope all my readers had a wonderful Diwali!!! It was OK for us. My son wasnt well on that day, winter is slowly setting here, so everybody is coughing @ home!!! Diwali Evening was Damakedhar!!!! Went out and met  two of my College Buddies, had a great time. Coming to the recipe, my kiddo loves poori!! that too especially for his lunch box, he wants only poori!!!! So, thought of mixing some veggies to his favourite poori, which makes mummy happy!!!! :)

Ingredients
1 large Carrot, Shredded
1 tbsp Kasuri Methi/Dried Fenugreek Leaves
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
Hing a pinch.

For the dough
2 cups Wheat flour
Salt to taste
Water to make the dough

Method
Mix all the above given ingredients and make a soft chapathi dough. Keep the dough covered and let it rest for 30 minutes. Make small balls of the dough and roll it out as roti/chapathi. Cook both sides on a Hot Tava.
If you are making poori, Roll the dough as small discs, and deep fry them in oil. I made both poori and chapathi. For poori's, i used a cookie cutter to make some shapes for kid's lunch box.
Enjoy with any Side Dish!!!! I made some Coriander-Cucumber Raita. to match the masala roti's!!!!

Sending this to CMT-Roti-Bhakhri-Poli-Thepla-Puri-Rotla event happening @ Torview, and event  by Jagruti of Joy of Cooking