This Month's BHW i m paired with Nisha of Nisha's Kitchen. Loved her Kerala Style Dishes. I chose to make this Mezhkuvaratti/Mezhkkupuratti which is also called as Upperi. It is a Dry Curry and can be made with Any Vegetable. Veggies are just blanched in Hot water with little turmeric and salt and Stir fried with Seasoning.The Curry was easy to make and tasted very good. A Good Combo for Rice Dishes.
1 Large Potato, Peeled and Cut into Cubes
2 Nos. Raw Banana, Peeled and Cut into Cubes, pretty much the same size of Potato
2 Onions, chopped
1 Green Chilli
1 tsp Sambhar Powder1 tbsp Oil
2 Sprigs Curry leaves
hing a pinch
turmeric a pinch
Salt to taste
- Boil potato, banana with turmeric and salt with enough water until done. Take care not to cook them long, or else the curry will turn mushy. Once the Water starts boiling, let it sit for 5 minutes, then switch of the stove and keep it covered with a plate for 10 minutes.Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a Non-stick Pan and splutter mustard seeds, add hing, curry leaves, slited green chilli.
- Add Onions and saute till translucent.
- Add Cooked Banana and Potato and Sambhar Powder and Give a quick Toss.
- Let it sit in a low flame for 10-15 minutes, Tossing it for every 5 minutes.
- Once the Rawness of the sambhar powder escapes, take it off the stove and Serve Warm with any Rice Dish.