Saturday, July 26, 2008

Honey Muffins



The title Healthy honey cake caught my attention when I was glancing through TOI. When I saw Roma's Honey cake recipe, the first thing I noticed the absence of eggs in the list. That got me interested. Added to that, the ingredients were all healthy. So went straight to the kitchen tried it.

I followed her recipe with few variations
  • I used jaggery instead of brown sugar. In spite of increasing by another tablespoon, I found the muffins to be very less sweet.

  • Added 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg powder. That gave a unique flavor to the muffins.


Every one loved the muffins. For those who found the sweet to be too less, I served honey. Next time, I will increase both jaggery and honey quantities.


This healthy muffins goes to Aparna, who is the host of the month for the Think Spice, originally started by Sunitha.