Recipe for 9 inch baking tin
155g Digestive biscuits crumbs
75g butter (melted)
375g cream cheese
300g cooked lemon curd
7 tablespoon lemon juice
15g gelatin (dissolve in water)
250ml whipped cream
Cooked lemon curd:
3 egg beaten, strain
3 teaspoon lemon zest
6 tablespoon lemon juice
*Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice for stronger flavor
- Mix crumbs and melted butter in a bowl. Press crumb mixture onto bottom pan and keep in the fridge.
- To make lemon curd: In the top of a double boiler, combine all the ingredients over gently simmering water. Cook until thickened and coats back of spoon. Remove from heat and completely cool.
- To make the filling, in large bowl with electric mixer on medium-high, beat cream cheese until fluffy, gradually beat in sugar then beat in zest and juice follow by lemon curd.
- Add the dissolved gelatin into the mixture and add in the whipped cream until everything combine. Pour into crust and chill in the fridge until it set.
- Decorate the cheesecake with some whipped cream at the side of cheesecake and pour over some left over lemon curd on top of the cheesecake.