Wednesday, February 04, 2009

tool storage

It’s great that we have the finished basement and third floor, but this leaves little room for storage of things like tools.  As you might imagine, the collection is big, unruly and always growing.  Can I get a “That’s what she said”?  Fortunately, there is a large built-in closet/tv unit in the basement with some extra room – this is after the first coat of primer.

We stole one of the closets and added pegboard.  If you don’t LOVE pegboard, you’re not invited.  It makes for great organization and I’m digging the fact that right now, I know exactly where my plumb-bob is (don’t you love that name?)

No, that is not everything.  We also had to convert this Harry Potter under-the-stairs-room into additional storage with some utility shelves, more pegboard and an overhead flourescent light.

 Notice the brass knuckles to the left.  I have no explanation.