Thursday, February 26, 2009

Wood-Mode Cabinet Sale

I spoke to my local Wood-Mode cabinetry dealer yesterday and asked her about what the company is doing to combat the economic crisis we are all going through.

I expected the usual: A "sale" after their typical January price increase.

Instead she told me that Wood-Mode had deferred their usual price increase. And that they were running a sale with a substantial percentage off on the buyer's choice of several categories that are normally added to a kitchen purchase as percentages or dollar amounts. Door style, finish, or wood upcharges that typically amount to thousands of dollars on a cabinet order.

I was surprised!

In all the years I have worked with companies like Wood-Mode I can't recall such a major discount on their product to consumers.

Wood-Mode is one of my favorite cabinetry lines (I went through their factory training program in 1983, at the very beginning of my design career). It is high quality at a fair price.

The company has been around since the 1940's, so you know they know what they're doing and they'll be there if you have a problem. It is also one of the few major cabinet companies that hasn't been bought out by a big conglomerate, usually with disastrous results.

The sale has been extended until the end of March. I suggest that anyone who has been sitting on the fence on a cabinet purchase might want to take another look.

Saving thousands on your cabinets with a quality company like Wood-Mode might make your project affordable after all.

Peggy