Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Randi's 60th Birthday Cake



This was a wonderful evening, and I was proud to be there in the party…cos I made the cake J
It was for a friend of mine and her name is Randi. I need to tell about her….she is the sweetest person I have ever met. She lives right in front our apartment.
Actually her b’dy was on the 19th of Jan just after a day of my husband’s b’dy. My other neighbor cum friend planned to give her a surprise b’dy party as it was special cos it was her 60th b’dy.
All though it was Randi’s 60th b’dy, she never looked like she was 60. She is very active and baby sit my Son Anush for some time and she is very creative and such a nice person, very kind and cheerful always.
So I was told to make a cake for her….This was challenging cos, she eats Gluten Free and does not eat the regular flour (all-purpose).
So, as soon as my friend told me that I had to do cake for her, I was so happy, but at that point of time didn’t have any recipes for Gluten Free.
Hmm…so I started to google and find some gluten free recipes. I definitely found some. I best I like was one that used Almond flour. I thought of making that one cos I know Randi likes Almonds.
Ran to the store to pick some almond flour and didn’t find one. I felt so bad and helpless.
I searched for any gluten free cake mixes in the regular isle, but could not find one.
So I decided to search something that I can get a substitute for. While I was walking through the international isle, I found this Gluten Free Pound cake mix (123 Gluten free brands), I felt so happy and came home happy.
Now I need to decide what to do with this mix. I know I need to make a cake, but need to be creative.
I know few things that Randi likes it was Strawberries and Cream Cheese and I also thought that she would like chocolate too.
So decided to make chocolate, cream cheese and Strawberry 2 layer cake. J

Recipe to come SOON!!

When we told that we made a cake for her and that was Gluten free she was so happy, but my estimate about chocolate was wrong, cos she does not eat chocolate; the reason being that she once worked at the candy store and later she would not feel like eating chocolate anymore.
But all of them ate this cake and were very impressed with the cake. This made me feel very happy and proud for taking this risk.
This is the moment I am very happy, when everyone is happy and a word of appreciation keep me alive and to share recipes to this world.
Thanks Everyone!!