Friday, April 06, 2012

White Soldiers

This post is completely unrelated to kitchens - mine or anyone else's. Having just returned with Twin 1 from the hospital  (he's had an operation and overnight stay), I was reminded of this:

I have always told my kids the 'story' of the white soldiers. They live in there blood and kill all the baddies in their bodies, travelling around them destroying germs and making poorlys better. They work even harder when we are asleep, therefore a good nights sleep works wonders. Recently the twins and I read a book which described this process in similar terms to the ones I have used. 
 'Oh is it true then', piped up twin 1. 
 'Yes of course,' I replied. 'What do you think I've been telling you all this time.' 
 'Well we thought it was just a story to get us to go to sleep.'

As if I would!










Currently linked on: