Friday, May 04, 2012

Cucumber Raita




Dinner with friends, chitchat, watching movie.....totally Friday means to me a fun day. Knowingly or unknowingly this is been happening on every Friday. No worries. I love it to be like this.


After the wonderful evening time spent with friends, I gained some energy to post something in my blog and no power at home when I sat in front of my laptop. With the backup power from the laptop, I was able to search and select a simple raita recipe.

I thought this post might also helpful for those who live in (extreme) hot city like Chennai. It is better to include any one raita along with our daily food intake to cope with the heat and this time the raita is with cucumber.


Basic Information:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 2 cups approximately






Ingredients:
Cucumber - 1 no, large size, any variety
Plain Yogurt / Thick Curd - 1 to 2 cups
Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon

Black Salt - to taste
Red chilli powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Coriander Leaves - for garnishing

Method:
1) Remove the skin of cucumber and chop it into very small cubes. You can also grate the cucumber.



2) In a mixing bowl, take yogurt/curd. Add cumin seeds, red chilli powder and black salt. Beat well using a whisk.



3) Save some chopped cucumber for garnishing and add the remaining cucumber to the mixing bowl. Mix it very gently.



4) Garnish with coriander leaves and chopped cucumber and serve. Sometimes, I sprinkle some red chilli powder before serving raita.




Note:
1) If you don't have black salt, substitute it with regular salt.

2) Use thick curd for best results.

3) Increase or decrease the curd quantity as per requirement.