Thursday, May 24, 2012

Fish Pie

Here is a lovely recipe for Fish Pie.

I love using carnation products in my baking and cooking, they are so versatile and make a lot of recipes so much easier and quicker. As well as tasting great!
This week I have dug out my Carnation Any One Can cook book and found some inspiration for some new meals. This is the first one we have tried.



Ingredients

1 1/2 lb potatoes
1 1/2 lb fish (I used salmon and prawns)
410g tin evaporated milk
1 oz butter
1 oz flour
1/4 pint white wine
6 oz cheese
salt and pepper

Method

Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes, boil until tender.
Place fish into your pie dish.
Combine wine, milk, butter and flour in a pan.
Heat until boiling stirring continuously.
when sauce has thickened stir in half the grated cheese.
Pour over the fish.
Top with the potatoes and remaining cheese.
Bake for 30-35 minutes at 180C fan.


We served it with peas.