Monday, October 15, 2012

Orange Olive Oil Loaf Cake




Hope you all had good week end. Mine went well. I was little bit busy. Hence I was not able to prepare and shoot any of the recipes that I cooked last weekend.



I have few recipes in drafts and I will be posting them hereafter when I don't get time to shoot new recipes. I want to post this citrus flavoured cake in my blog for a long time and now I am finally doing it. I have adapted this cake from US Masala. Thanks to Puja for the wonderful cake. It came out super soft and moist.



Basic Information:

Preparation Time: 15 minutes

Cooking Time: 35-40 minutes

Serves: 6 people



Ingredients:



All Purpose Flour - 1 cup

Corn starch - 1/2 cup

Baking powder - 2 teaspoon

Baking soda - 1/2 teaspoon

Salt - 1/4 teaspoon

Sugar - 1/2 cup

Yogurt - 1/4 cup

Orange juice - 3/4 cup (Choose fresh juice for best results)

Egg - 1 no, room temperature

Extra virgin olive oil - 4 tablespoon

Orange zest - 1 tablespoon



Method:



1) Preheat the oven to 375F(190.5C) for 15 minutes. Grease the loaf tin (I used 2lb, 25CM X 12CM) pan with butter/spray. Dust it with flour. Keep it aside.

2) In a mixing bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. Keep it aside.

3) In another mixing bowl, add egg and sugar.



4) Beat well for 2 minutes.  Add oil, yogurt and continue beating.

5) Add orange zest . Mix well.

6) Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix it well.

7) Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake it for 35-40 minutes at 375F(190.5C) or until the toothpick which was inserted into the cake can be pulled out neat & clean.



8) Allow it to cool down for 10 minutes. Transfer it to wiring rock. Cut it into slices and enjoy the cake.