Kootu(Semi solid curry made with Lentil and Vegetable) is an important dish in South Indian cooking.It's Simple,Delicious and Healthy part in meal.I am a Big fan of kootu,because it goes well with Sambhar,Rasam,Curd and white rice.It tastes Fantastic With Roti's and White Steamed Rice.Here my recipe
Boiled Channa Dal-1/4 cup
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Chilli powder-1 tsp
Grated Coconut-3 tsp
1. Heat the oil in pan,add Seasoning ingredients,Allow it to pop up.
2. Add chopped onion,saute well.Now add Tomato and saute until it cooks.
3. Now add Turmeric,chilli powder and Salt,Fry until the raw smell goes.
4. Add Chopped Chow chow,saute well.Add 2 cups of water,allow it to cook.
5. Once it cooks well,add boiled Channa Dal,mix well.cook for 2-3 min.
6. Finally add grounded paste,mix well,Allow it to cook for another 2-3 min.
7. Serve hot with Rice or Roti.