Monday, September 14, 2009

Navrathiri Special - Sundals

Hey all
I m Priya Srinivasan, Teacher by profession but at present i m a Home Maker, staying @ home looking after my 3 year old energy bundle.
I love cooking. I have collected, tried and tested many recipes which i thought i can share.
Navrathiri is nearing, so i thought let me share some of my sundal recipes.

Rangoli Sundal

Ingredients
Green peas, corn, rajma, - 1/2 cup each. soak for 6 hrs and pressure cooked with salt.
in case of using forzen corn and green peas no need to soak them.

For Masala powder
Red chillies - 4
Dhaniya -1 tsp
chana dal - 1 tsp
dry roast these ingredients and grind them fine powder.

Garnishing
Grated Carrot
Ginger Julienne

Method
Drain the excess water. For seasoning heat oil in a wok, splutter mustard seeds,add curry leaves. now add the to the cooked rajma, peas, corn mixture and masala powder. Mix well.
Transfer it to a bowl and garnish with grated carrot and ginger julienne.