Monday, April 19, 2010

Cornmeal Roti/Poori

Tired of the normal Roti, came across Mr.Ramki's OnePage Cookbook, Wow!!! What a collection of Recipes!!! Mind Blowing!!! Well there was a recipe Makki Roti, made using Yellow Cornflour,  Tried this with Cornmeal Tasted Good. I think cornmeal/Cornflour are differnent,  yellow Cornflour is a real flour, whereas Cornmeal is a bit crumble form!!! if i m wrong pls correct me!!!

Ingredients
1 cup Wheat Flour
1/2 cup Cornmeal
Salt to taste
Warm water for Making the dough
1 tbsp Oil

Method
Mix all the given ingredients together and make a soft chapthi dough. Let the dough rest for 30 minutes. Roll the dough to thin discs and Cook both sides on a Hot Tava. Serve with Side Dish of your choice, Had some Aloo-Spinach Filling made for my Potato Pie Pockets so, i had my Chapathi with that.
I Made some poori's too with this dough for my Kiddo, He jus loved it.