Saturday, April 17, 2010

Lemon Good Rasam



Dear friends,

I have been traveling this month and haven't gotten a chance to read all your comments on my previous post until now. Thank you so much for the same. As I will be busy for a few more weeks, I may not be able to sign in to my blog. I will disable the comment option temporarily. I will enable it once I get some time to sit back and read each and every comment. If you have any questions regarding this recipe, you may send me an email by clicking the "contact me" link on header menu.
In regular rasam, we cook dal separately and add it to boiling tomato-rasam powder mixture. In good rasam, we add uncooked dal along with tomato and rasam powder to water and boil together.

Ingredients:
Tomato - 1
Hing - 1/4 tsp
Rasam Powder - 1.5 tsp
Lemon - 1 medium (add more if needed)
Masoor Dal - 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves - a few
Salt
Green chilli - 1 (optional)

Seasoning:
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Jeera- 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - a few
Ghee - 1 tsp

Method:
In a vessel, add 2 cups of water, chopped tomato, salt, hing, rasam powder, whole green chilli, masoor dal and boil it for 12 minutes or until tomato turns soft.
Add 1.5 cups of water again and bring it to a boil.
Turn off the heat.
Tamper with mustard seeds, curry leaves and jeera in ghee.
Granish with coriander leaves and squeeze lemon juice.
Mix well and serve with hot rice and curry!