Friday, April 01, 2011

Nutri Bar Nutella Pinwheels


I started eating this Honey Oats Nutri bar from Nature Valley, it's tastes great, and satisfies my hunger and stops me from eating snacks. I usually get hungry during the early evening, so I wanted to eat something light. I got these, I also break these into pieces and mix in Greek yogurt with some fruits like blueberries and strawberries. So I thought I will make something out of this so that even Anush will enjoy. He like nutella very much so thought of mixing these two ingredients and stuff it in a puff pasty. So here it goes....

Ingredients:
------------
1 Puff Pastry sheet thawed
2 Honey Oats Nature Valley Nutri Bar
1/4 cup Nutella

Method:
---------
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Crush the nutri bar and place it in a bowl.
3. Now place the puff pastry sheet in a baking sheet lined with a silicon mat or parchement paper.
4. Even the puff pasty and spread the nutella leaving a 1/4 inch around the corner.
5. Sprinkle the crushed nutri bar and even it out.
6. Now carefully from one end roll the puff pastry to form a cylinder shape.
7. Now carefully cut 2 inches pieces with a knife and place it on the baking sheet so that the filling is seen
8. Make sure that each pinwheel is 2 inches separate from each other so that they have enough space to expand while baking.
9. Bake these pinwheels for about 15-20 min or according to the baking instructions on the puff pasty box or until golden brown.
10. Remove from oven and allow it to come to room temperature. Kids will love these pinwheels or you can also serve this as a snack or a dessert for a party.