Thursday, September 13, 2012

Guacamole




I first came to know about guacamole only during my last abroad trip. When I tasted it for the first time, I didn't like the taste. Later, I came to know that we can make this at home easily with available ingredients. So, just added other ingredients with avocado and adjusted the taste as per my personal preference. It has become an addictive recipe at home now. I just added more chillies and lime juice to make it as my family favourite and my choice is to eat with spicy corn tortilla chips.


Basic Information:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2




 

Ingredients:


Avocados - 1 no, ripen

Red Onion - 1 no, small size, finely chopped
Tomato - 1 no, medium size, finely chopped
Coriander leaves - 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
Green chillies - 2-3 nos,
Salt - to taste
Lime juice - to taste

Method:


1) Cut the avocado in a vertical position. This helps the seeds to come out quickly. Scoop the creamy inner part using a spoon from the thick skin.



2) Mash it well.



3) Add mashed avocado, red onion, green chillies, tomato, coriander leaves, salt and lime juice in a mixer/food processor. Grind it for just less than half a second.



4) Serve immediately with corn/tortilla chips.





Note:
1)  All the ingredients can be increased or decreased as per individuals taste.
2)  For quick avocado, simply add salt, red chilli powder and lime juice and enjoy with corn chips.

3)  Choose firm and ripen avocado for best guacamole.