Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Baked Methi Muthiya(Savory Fenugreek Crackers)



Finally I got to bake something(after moving to this apartment) in the oven which does not have any feature except the knob to set the temperature :) It doesn't have these features-timer, light, preheating facility, display screen, clock, sound indicator, touch keypad and so on. It basically has nothing. I really wonder if it is an oven or some storage space. But I dared to bake something today. My husband is out of town and he has taken the car. It's raining cats and dogs! What else can you expect me to do at home? So I went ahead and baked Methi Muthiyas. I took the recipe from Ashwini's blog and modified it a little bit.

Ingredients:
Besan Flour(gram flour)-1/2 cup
Wheat flour-1/2 cup
Salt
Pepper
Red Chilli powder-1/4 tsp
Hing(Asafoetida)-a pinch(optional)
Kasuri Methi(dried Fenugreek leaves)-1/2 tsp
Oil-2 tbsp

Method:
Preheat oven to 350F.
Mix all the ingredients except oil with little water to form a dough. Add oil to the dough and knead well. Divide the dough into small balls and place them on a greased baking pan. Flatten them into thin disks(less than 1/4 inch). Bake for 10 minutes. Take the pan out and turn over the muthiyas. Bake until crisp and golden brown(10 minutes approximately).