Tuesday, December 02, 2008

drywall finishing; priming

We’re making big progress over here at Project Rowhouse. 

The drywall finishing is finally complete (on the first floor).  For the most part, we’re really happy with the results.  I was quite nervous when we started the process, and we still have much to learn, but most of the errors that we made were fixable with some determination, patience and rigorous use of various sanding implements, i.e. screens, sandpaper and blocks.  Here are some in progress shots – these were taken just after the first coat of filler:

And these were taken tonight.  Primer is on the walls and the smell of KILZ is in the air – it’s intoxicating.  Literally.  

For Drywall tips, I found THIS site helpful (and many others resulting from your basic search).  I also called my Dad quite a few times, email me for his phone number – I kid. 

One new way of getting help that we’ve been taking advantage of is searching YouTube for demonstrations of various jobs.  Sometimes seeing someone do something helps with the explanation.