Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Delicious Masala Milk



I have had masala milk in hotels in Chennai. It is a mixture of milk, aromatic spices and nuts! Priya of priyaeasyntastyrecipes posted this recipe sometime back and I was sure about trying it. As Priya said, this drink helps to get a good night's sleep.

Ingredients:
Milk(I used 1%fat)-2 cups
Sugar-2.5 tsp(or as per taste)
Cinnamon-1 inch stick
Cloves-3
Cardamom-2
Turmeric powder-a pinch
Powdered Pistachios-2 tsp
Saffron-a few strands

Method:
Combine milk, cardamon, cinnamon and cloves together(or you can grind them coarsely and add it to milk) and boil in a vessel. Switch off the stove.
Discard the spices by filtering the milk.
Add rest of the ingredients and serve hot after dinner.
I can guarantee that you will sleep well:)

Note: You can also powder almonds and mix with hot milk. But I personally like pistachio powder and milk combination.

I am sending this to Sunshinemom's FIC-Yellow event.
Also sending this to Trupti's winter treat event.