Saturday, May 02, 2009

Capsicum Masiyal(Capsicum dal)



This dal is very easy to prepare and goes well with rice and curry.

Serves 3

Ingredients:
To pressure cook in water for 3 whistles:
Capsicum-1 medium size chopped into small pieces
Mung dal-1/3 cup
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Hing-1/4 tsp

To fry in 1/2 tsp oil till golden brown and grind to a coarse powder:
Urud dal-2 tsp
Red chillies-2(adjust according to your taste)
Whole pepper-1 tsp
Grated coconut-1/4 cup

Seasoning:
Jeera-1 tsp
Curry leaves-a few
Coconut oil-2 tsp

Method:
Pressure cook the ingredients mentioned above.
Add the ground powder.
Add water and bring it to a consistency slightly thinner than sambar.
Add salt and boil the mixture for 2-3 minutes.
Heat coconut oil in a pan, do the seasoning and add it to the dal mixture.
Serve with rice, ghee and curry.

I thank Foodbuzz for sending me a pack of Mother's circus animal cookies for tasting. I loved them. The cookies look so cute. They are very creamy on the outside and crunchy on the inside. The product will hit the market on May 4th. Do not forgot to try these delicious cookies. Kids will love it.



I have received a lot of 15 minute recipes so far. Thank you so much girls! keep them coming. I have a small request from you all.

Please read the updated rules for 15 min cooking event:


1. It will be great if you can reduce the size of the pictures to 300 pixels and send. If you don't have the software to reduce the size, I will do it for you.
2. Rename the picture to dish name. It will make my life little easier :)
3. Though I also accept some recipes that require advance preparation like fermenting, soaking, freezing etc.. I would prefer recipes that will take only 15 minutes from start to end. One exception is-the time taken to cut veggies.

Thanks once again for your lovely entries and I myself can't wait for the round up!