Sunday, May 24, 2009

Scotch-Brite Slashes Paper Towel Use

As a blogger with a modest following I get all kinds of pitches from every angle. Most of them trying to get me to market their products for them.

I usually prefer to come across ideas for blog posts myself or respond to reader questions...But this one got me:


Hi Peggy -

I wanted to get in touch with you regarding a new collection of cleaning supplies from the Scotch-Brite brand that are more eco-conscious and help consumers save some green…perfect for consumers who are looking to infuse a little fresh living into their spring cleaning routine!

As you know, in these challenging economic times, every penny counts. By making a simple switch to the New Scotch-Brite Greener Clean products this spring cleaning season, consumers can get the cleaning quality they trust while being mindful of the family budget.

The Greener Clean collection of reusable cleaning products combines the cleaning power consumers have come to expect from the Scotch-Brite brand with eco-conscious natural and recycled materials. That means there’s no need to spend extra money on disposable cleaning products like paper towels and cleaning wipes, saving consumers a bundle.

· New Scotch-Brite™ Non-Scratch Sub Sponge and Scour Pads are bio-degradable, reusable, and outlast 30 rolls of paper towels (offering a savings of over $55!).
· New Scotch-Brite™ Soap Loaded Scrubbers are made from recycled plastic bottles. One 12oz bottle has enough fibers to make 6 scrubbers.
· New Scotch-Brite™ Natural Bamboo Cloths are made from 100% natural materials including 60% bamboo, a fast growing and renewable resource.
· Scotch-Brite™ Greener Clean Absorbent Cloth is washable and reusable, with one cloth outlasting 16 rolls of paper towels (offering a savings of over $30!).

Please let me know if I can provide additional information on the entire budget-friendly line of Greener Clean reusable cleaning products for you to share with your readers as they gear up for Spring Cleaning Season!

Any feedback you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Amy












I already use Scotch-Brite scrubbies and sponges in my kitchen and for cleaning projects throughout the house, so I am sold on the quality and usability of their products.

Now they are going green. But, the question is: Are the products in the Greener Clean Collection as good as my beloved yellow scrubbie?

So, I emailed back and asked for some samples to try. Over the last few weeks I have tried most of the new products (except the Cleaning Cloth and Bamboo Wipes) and the scrubbies are just as great as the products they replace, and green to boot!

My favorite is actually something new to me: The Greener Clean Absorbent Cloth really does replace many of the paper towels I use in a day.

As a cook I was a big user of paper towels. It has been a concern in my efforts to green our home. I envisioned the landfill awash in a sea of my used paper towels. Ugh.

Now I am using one Absorbent Cloth instead of many paper towels to do all my wiping and cleaning in the kitchen. I still use some paper towels to absorb fats and such, but my usage is way down. The cloth has lasted for quite a while now...I am actually still waiting to see how long it survives.

Yeay!

Please look/ask for them in your local stores and save a few trees and moolah.

Peggy